New features request for version 8.5 of VintaSoft Imaging .NET

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

Alex
Site Admin

New features request for version 8.5 of VintaSoft Imaging .NET

Post by Alex »

The following features are being considered for inclusion in version 8.5 of VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK:
  • Ability to verify that PDF document conforms PDF/A-1b, PDF/A-2b or PDF/A-3b standard.
  • Ability to convert PDF document to a PDF/A-1b, PDF/A-2b or PDF/A-3b document.
  • Multithreading support in OCR.
If you have any idea or suggestion, please write it here.
gpbabu

Re: New features request for version 8.5 of VintaSoft Imaging .NET

Post by gpbabu »

Ability to include Icon Fonts such as Fontawesome and display Icon(s) as an annotation. This will help developers to configure any iconfont and use those icons similar to Embedded Image annotation. This will help with configurable symbol libraries in the application.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,
gpbabu wrote:Ability to include Icon Fonts such as Fontawesome and display Icon(s) as an annotation. This will help developers to configure any iconfont and use those icons similar to Embedded Image annotation. This will help with configurable symbol libraries in the application.
The embedded image annotation stores image data in raw format. You can use the referenced image annotation if you want to create an annotation that loads image from image file - VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK supports ICO files. Please send me more info about your problem.

Best regards, Alexander
gpbabu

Post by gpbabu »

Hello Alex,

Sorry for my late response.

Thanks for the input. We use embedded image option with icon images in our evaluation. However, we have several custom shapes including icons that are defined using Vector Graphics (set of SVGs with Path Data) that scale well. We defined a custom VectorShapeAnnotation that uses Path Data as input to display any custom shape. I thought if it is available in the library or as an example, it will help.

Thanks
Babu
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Babu,
gpbabu wrote: Thanks for the input. We use embedded image option with icon images in our evaluation. However, we have several custom shapes including icons that are defined using Vector Graphics (set of SVGs with Path Data) that scale well. We defined a custom VectorShapeAnnotation that uses Path Data as input to display any custom shape. I thought if it is available in the library or as an example, it will help.
How do you store information about vector graphics? As I know .NET does not have standard classes for storing information about SVG object.

Best regards, Alexander