AnnotationViewer with transparent background

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Annotation .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

cranesim

AnnotationViewer with transparent background

Post by cranesim »

Hi

Is it in any way possible to have an AnnotationViewer that has a transparent background? I have an application that already has existing image display capability and would like to be able to use a Vintasoft AnnotationViewer on top of this purely for displaying annotations.

I have tried setting the viewer backcolor to transparent and loading a dummy transparent image in to the viewer but no joy.

Any ideas?

Regards

Simon
Alex
Site Admin

Re: AnnotationViewer with transparent background

Post by Alex »

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately, the AnnotationViewer class does not support transparent background.

Why dont you want to use the AnnotationViewer class for image previewing and annotating?

Best regards, Alexander
cranesim

Post by cranesim »

Hi, thanks for the reply - I guessed this would be the case, but worth asking anyhow!

The system I'm developing is closer to a video system than images.. it would be difficult to translate to solely using the annotationviewer class for playback.

What I will have to do is grab the "video" images and use these with the annotationviewer class when displaying annotations. I have started on this and it looks like it should work. The issue I'm now having is when moving to one annotated frame to another the annotations are not appearing.

The process I'm using is as follows:

1) Clearing the AnnotationViewer AnnotationDataCollection and AnnotationViewCollection
2) Setting the AnnotationViewer Image to my new image.
3) Adding my (previously saved) list of AnnotationData objects to the AnnotationDataCollection

Does this seem reasonable or am I missing something?

Thanks again

Simon
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Thank you for explanation.

Do you really need annotations or you just need draw static text or graphics on image? You do not need to use annotation if you need overlay static text and graphics on images. Please see our DICOM Demo, the demo allows to playback images and overlays static text and graphics on images.

Best regards, Alexander