LinkAnnotation

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Annotation .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

kwaltman

LinkAnnotation

Post by kwaltman »

I am seeing an issue with the LinkAnnotation. If I am using the link annotation in the example it works and the clicking the link opens the browser to the appropriate page.

But if I same the file to a PDF and open in Acrobat Reader, it shows the link, and you can click it, but nothing happens (Adobe Reader XL 11.0.10 on Windows)

If I copy that PDF file over to my Mac, both the Mac Preview APP, and Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro 9.5.5 do not show the link, and just show a text annotation with the word "Text" and when you click on it, you get a "The Web Capture operation you have requested has failed because of an error".

In our workflow people are using the annotation editor tools to annotate PDFs and then are sending them off to other people who are only using Acrobat Reader typically. All the other annotations work correctly. But the Link Annotation does not appear to work in any of the other PDF Viewers I have available.

And ideas on what is going on with it?
Alex
Site Admin

Re: LinkAnnotation

Post by Alex »

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for information. We need time for investigating the problem.

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Re: LinkAnnotation

Post by Alex »

Hello Kevin,

In version 8.2.1.1 we have improved algorithm that generates appearance of Link annotation. Please use this version and let me know if you will have any question or problem.

Best regards, Alexander