New features request for version 3.0 of VintaSoftPDF.NET

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

Alex
Site Admin

New features request for version 3.0 of VintaSoftPDF.NET

Post by Alex »

The following features are being considered for inclusion in version 3.0 of VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in (version 6.0 of VintasoftImaging.NET SDK):
  • Ability to create searchable PDF documents.
If you have some idea or suggestion, please write it here.
MikeH2012

Re: New features request for version 3.0 of VintaSoftPDF.NET

Post by MikeH2012 »

Support for word and character spacing and for adjusting the vertical position of text would be great.

Also a constructor for PDFPage which accepts common document sizes like A4, A5, Letter and so on.
MikeH2012

Post by MikeH2012 »

Hi!

I wanted to ask if there is a chance, that my feature request for word and character spacing and for adjusting the vertical position of text for version 3.0 is considered?

Thanks!
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Also a constructor for PDFPage which accepts common document sizes like A4, A5, Letter and so on.
Now you can use the PdfPage(PdfDocument document, Rectangle size) constructor and create page of any size.

In version 6.0 we will add new constructor: PdfPage(PdfDocument document, PageSize pageSize). This constructor will simplify page creation procedure and allows to create pages of predefined sizes.

I wanted to ask if there is a chance, that my feature request for word and character spacing and for adjusting the vertical position of text for version 3.0 is considered?
I'm not sure I have understand you. Do you want to be able to change position and spacing of symbols and words on PDF page? I think this will be possible in version 6.0.

Best regards, Alexander
MikeH2012

Post by MikeH2012 »

Thanks for your answer.

What I need is "Text rise (Ts)" to superscript and subscript (PDF-)Fonts. Also word and character spacing would be sometimes helpful, in PDF spec they are defined as "Tc" and "Tw".

I hope Version 6.0 will be available soon. It seems to bring so many nice features. Is it right, that version 3.0 of VintasoftPDF.NET only works with Version 6.0 of VintasoftImaging.NET SDK?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the explanation, we have understood your needs and I think this functionality will be available in version 6.0.

I hope Version 6.0 will be available soon.
I hope at the end of the summer.

Is it right, that version 3.0 of VintasoftPDF.NET only works with Version 6.0 of VintasoftImaging.NET SDK?
Each plug-in has sub version, the sub version number depends from the release date of plug-in.

Here is information about current version:
  • VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK v5.1
  • VintaSoftAnnotation.NET Plug-in v5.1
  • VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in v2.1
  • VintaSoftJBIG2.NET Plug-in v2.1
  • VintaSoftJPEG2000.NET Plug-in v1.1
Here is information about new (6.0) version:
  • VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK v6.0
  • VintaSoftAnnotation.NET Plug-in v6.0
  • VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in v3.0
  • VintaSoftJBIG2.NET Plug-in v3.0
  • VintaSoftJPEG2000.NET Plug-in v2.0
  • VintaSoftOCR.NET Plug-in v1.0
Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Here is information about statuses of suggestions submitted in this topic:
Done.
Support for word and character spacing and for adjusting the vertical position of text would be great.
Done.

Best regards, Alexander