Changing the text content on a region

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

kwaltman

Changing the text content on a region

Post by kwaltman »

I have a customer that has a requirement to be able to skim PDF documents looking for various "secure" words and when I find them remove those words from the PDF. This would be used to remove account numbers and other information they want redacted from the PDF for security reasons. Looking through the documentation I cannot see a way to edit the text within a specific text region. These words may appear in the middle of a sentence, so I need to remove the word, and replace with a REDACTED marker, and leave the rest of the sentence alone.

Also along those same lines, is there a way to add new text regions on a page? I have added next to the document using the Graphic object, but I really need a way to add text to a document as actual search and selectable text.

Best Regards,

Kevin
kwaltman

Re: Changing the text content on a region

Post by kwaltman »

If the text region cannot be edited. Is there a way to remove a text region from the page? I am curious how the Acrobat Redact function works in that regards. I can draw over the region with the graphic object after finding the word, but the word is still searchable/sectable in the document. I supposed I need to know how to either remove that text region or flatten over that specific region to prevent the text from being searchable/selectable.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for information about your requirements.

Current version of SDK allows to add new content (text and images) to PDF page, editing of existing content is not supported.

We will add ability to edit (redact) a PDF page content in version 8.3. More info please read here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2163&p=4514

Best regards, Alexander
kwaltman

Post by kwaltman »

Alex,

Thank you for the information. I look forward to working with the 8.3 version.
nitinkumartomar7

Post by nitinkumartomar7 »

Can we edit the text selected by double click in PDF files using current versions of vintasoft librarires ?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Current version (VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK 10.1) does not allow to edit text of PDF page in viewer.

VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK 11.0 will allow to edit text of PDF page in WinForms and WPF viewer.

Best regards, Alexander