Device is not open. Unknown Error 11.

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

tony_c

Post by tony_c » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:53 pm

We are using VIntasoft SDK to develop scanning solution for our web based software, Using VintaSoft JavaScript API reference and VintaSoft WCF TWAIN Service web service on user machine that has scanner attached.
During testing we are getting following error:
. This error comes with things like paper jam with scanner etc.
The problem is not the error but that it takes 3-5 minutes to go away.
If I scan immediately after this error , I keep getting this error for few minutes . After few minutes it starts working fine.
We are using standard javascript API from VIntaSoft SDK and WCF service supplied in the SDK example .
We have tested this scenario several times but this behavior is persistent. Is there a setting in WCF service or api reference that we have to be sure to reset everytime the device is intialized? This is how the JS code initializes currently:
// WCF service that allows to work with TWAIN devices

Code: Select all

var _twainService = new Vintasoft.Shared.WebServiceControllerJS(documentScanURL);
    // TWAIN device manager
    var _twainDeviceManager1 = new Vintasoft.Twain.WebTwainDeviceManagerJS(_twainService);
    // the default settings of TWAIN device manager

var _initSetting = new Vintasoft.Twain.WebTwainDeviceManagerInitSettingsJS();
Can you help please?
Thanks

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Device is not open. Unknown Error 11.

Post by Alex » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Hello Tony,

User should remove paper from the scanner if paper is jammed and only after this action scanner will be ready for next scan.

What scanner do you use? I think you are using Kodak scanner.

Best regards, Alexander