Device Settings

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

bfr999

Device Settings

Post by bfr999 »

I'm confused as to the difference between (Load/Save)DeviceSettings and (Load/Save)CustomDeviceSettings. The application is document imaging. Our users initially scan a sample document of a particular type, adjust the scanner settings and then the settings are saved in a database. The documents are scanned in batches using the auto feeder. When the batches are to be scanned I want to restore the settings appropriate for the particular document type of the batch. Should I use DeviceSettings or CustomDeviceSettings or both.
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Device Settings

Post by Alex »

Hello,

SaveDeviceSettings method retrieves current values of all capabilities of scanner and saves them to XML file.
LoadDeviceSettings method loads and values of all capabilities of scanner from XML file and makes these values as current values.

SaveCustomDeviceSettings method saves predefined session setups of mid- and high-volume scanners.
LoadCustomDeviceSettings method loads predefined session setups of mid- and high-volume scanners.
These methods will work if:
  • Device supports the DeviceCapability.CustomDsData capability
  • Method is called in the "Device is opened" state, i.e. after the OpenDataSource method and before the Acquire method.
Please read the documentation to get more info.

Best regards, Alexander
Morusal

Post by Morusal »

Hello Alex,

is there a possibility to get a list of the profiles wich were saved in the TWAIN Source?

Best Regards.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,
is there a possibility to get a list of the profiles wich were saved in the TWAIN Source?
TWAIN specification does not allow to access profiles of TWAIN device, this maybe possible if device have special custom capability.

Best regards, Alexander