Unknown Images on scanned multi page documents

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

igorot

Unknown Images on scanned multi page documents

Post by igorot »

Hi,
I hope you can shed some light on a really strange problem that I'm encountering. We have an ADF scanner that we use for scanning vast amount of documents. I heard some complaints wherein unknown documents or possibly documents that have been scanned previously were getting added to the newly scanned documents. I verified this on limited amounts of documents and noticed that it does include and save images that were not part of the document pile in the feeder. I could not even see hard copies of these "ghost" images anywhere near me!

Any ideas?

Thanks..
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Unknown Images on scanned multi page documents

Post by Alex »

Hello,

What scanner do you use? What "ghost" images do you have?

Best regards, Alexander
igorot

Post by igorot »

We have a Ricoh Afficio scanner. I call them "ghost images or pages" since they seem to come from out of nowhere. They are regular documents/images that may have been scanned previously. An unknown document/image sometimes replace a page that was fed through the ADF or randomly inserts them to the resulting multi-page file.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

We have a Ricoh Afficio scanner. I call them "ghost images or pages" since they seem to come from out of nowhere. They are regular documents/images that may have been scanned previously. An unknown document/image sometimes replace a page that was fed through the ADF or randomly inserts them to the resulting multi-page file.
I think you scanner has an internal buffer and your code does not retrieve all images in the session. What code do you use?

Best regards, Alexander