Vintasoft and Cameras

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

BillG

Vintasoft and Cameras

Post by BillG »

I was a customer in a previous version. now i have recommended this product to a new company i do work for. They are very interested in buying the product but i first have to get a demo going to prove to the boos that this product will do what needs to be done.

Basically we need to detect any cameras hooked up to the users computer and download pictures. They will take pictures of members and then we want to upload the pictures into our software. Can this be done and what product do we need to do this.

I have some code written that displays scanners hooked up to my computer but it doesnt show my webcam or android phone which is plugged into the usb port. How do i detect these in code i am using c# in a winforms application

Bill
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Vintasoft and Cameras

Post by Alex »

Hello Bill,

Thank you for good words about our product.

You can use VintaSoftTwain.NET SDK for getting images from scanners and cameras but I think in your case you need use VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK. VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK uses DirectShow for accessing the camera and this technology is better than TWAIN if you need access camera. Please download VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK from our web site and evaluate our Multi Webcam Demo - this demo shows how to capture images from multiple cameras and save them to files, monitor available devices (webcams) and change their capturing fomat. Please let me know if you will have any question or problem.

Best regards, Alexander