Delete Vintasoft Cache automatically in web document viewer

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

jwalit.katira

Delete Vintasoft Cache automatically in web document viewer

Post by jwalit.katira »

Hi,

Can you share when does Vintasoft cache file deleted in web document viewer, I need it should delete automatically old files after specific time from the Vintasoft cache directory

Thank
Jwalit Katira
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Delete Vintasoft Cache automatically in web document viewer

Post by Alex »

Hi Jwalit,
Can you share when does Vintasoft cache file deleted in web document viewer, I need it should delete automatically old files after specific time from the Vintasoft cache directory
If you want to clear cache of image tiles, please use the ImageTilesCacheManager class.

If you want to clear cache of thumbnails, please use the ThumbnailsCacheManager class.

For solving your task you need to do the following steps:
  • Create console .NET application that clears cache of web document viewer using ImageTilesCacheManager and ThumbnailsCacheManager classes.
  • Add task manager rule that executes created console .NET application periodically.
Best regards, Alexander
jwalit.katira

Post by jwalit.katira »

Hi Alex,

Thanks, also can you please share which API for asp.net core can I mange this

Jwalit Katira
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Jwalit,

Do you want to clear cache in your web application? If yes, please let me know how you are planning to do this? Please remember that clearing of cache (removing of files in cache folder) may take some time. Also I think it is a bad idea to allow clear cache from public web API.

Best regards, Alexander