VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK - Frequently Asked Questions
For what purposes can I use the VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK?
VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK is intended for usage in end-user applications for Windows OS based on .NET Framework.
VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK provides a set of software development tools for communication with a flatbed scanner, ADF scanner, web and digital camera, or any other compatible with TWAIN specification device driver.
So the product is attributed as a professional software development kit (library, component) meant for the use by persons having base knowledges and skills in programming of software applications. VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK is the result of careful work of VintaSoft's highly educated staff for many years.
From which parts does the library consist?
The library consists from:
- DLL files compiled under .NET 2.0/4.x and WPF 3.5/4.x for AnyCPU, x86 and x64 platforms ([install_path]\Bin).
- User Guide and API Reference: On-line version, Off-line version for download is here.
- Demo .exe applications ([install_path]\Bin).
- Demo source code projects for Visual Studio .NET 2005-2017 for VB.NET, C# and ASP.NET ([install_path]\Examples).
What files are allowed for distribution along with my application?
The files allowed for distribution are listed in paragraph 4.6 of the License agreement. These files must be placed in the same folder with the application that references them. Please make sure that the file version you distribute is the same file version your application was compiled with.
In which programming languages can I use this TWAIN scanning component?
You can use the SDK in:
- Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- Microsoft Visual C#
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- Microsoft Visual C++ for .NET
- Microsoft Visual J#
- Borland Delphi for .NET
- Borland C#
- any other languages which are compatible with .NET Framework.
What are the limitations of the evaluation version?
Evaluation version of VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK has the following restrictions:
- Nag screen.
- Acquired color image can be saved to a disk or uploaded onto server as BMP file only.
- Acquired black-white or gray image can be saved to a disk or uploaded to a server in other supported formats.
All these restrictions are removed in version for registered users.
How can I subscribe to the newsletter?
There are 4 ways to subscribe to the newsletter:
- Subscribe to the RSS feed. Link is located on home page in news column header - major releases only.
- Subscribe to the newsletter of "Announcements" forums - all releases. Register yourself in VintaSoft Tech Community forums, login and click a tick "Subscribe forum" at the bottom of the forum page which is interesting for you.
- Purchase a license and stay informed via e-mail directly from VintaSoft Support Service about all releases of licensed product during validity period of annual subscription.
- Subscribe to VintaSoft's Twitter account and stay informed about all releases along with interesting information about current developments, which goes far beyond the official release data.
Where is Technical Documentation with User Guide and API Reference?
Documentation for VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK includes both User Guide and API Reference. It is available on-line.
User Guide includes:
- General information about the product features.
- Information about licensing principles and how to choose the appropriate license.
- Information about system requirements and how to start working with the product.
- Full list of information resouces about the product.
- A lot of programming related articles with code samples in C# and VB.NET for .NET and WPF.
- Information about distribution principles of your application with the product.
API Reference includes:
- List of supplied assemblies.
- List of classes, interfaces, enumerations, etc provided by the library.
There is also off-line documentation available for download from Support page as file of CHM format.
I didn't find an answer to my question. What should I do?
Answers to the majority of questions can be found in the documentation or this web site.
Please send a message to Customer Support Service to get more help.